Drupal Developer / Drupal Trainer
- Results-focused, motivated and collaborative Drupal Developer with significant experience in the planning, development and implementation of large Drupal websites in Bolivia, Belgium, France and Mexico.
- Highly experienced in Drupal scalability and performance, Drupal Commerce, Apache Solr and multilingual solution development.
- Deep knowledge of marketing, digital marketing and content planning. Able to advise clients on how they can best use Drupal to achieve their business transformation goals and architect open source solutions that are intuitive, robust, and efficient.
- Highly effective Drupal trainer with strong track record of using the most efficient methods to teach and mentor Drupal users at all levels (beginner to advanced).
- Co-organizer of several DrupalCamps in South America, including Peru, Bolivia, Mexico and Panama.
- Co-founder of the Drupal Community in Bolivia.
Technical Skills :
- Frameworks/CMS: Drupal (6, 7, 8)
- Front end: HTML, CSS, Bootstrap
- Server: Apache, Nginx, Solr, and Memcache
- Databases : Mysql, Mongo DB
- DevOps: Gitlab, GitHub, Vagrant, Composer
- Source Code Control: GIT
- System: Linux, Mac, Windows
- Exceptional presentation and public speaking skills
- Pragmatic, problem solver & decision maker
- Collaborative and team player
- Commitment and loyalty
- Constant learner
- Love to teach and very patient at explaining concepts
Drupal Developer / Acquia Site Studio
Smartica – Bolivia (Agence Drupal)
(2018 - Present)
- Work remotely for several US and Canadian companies like Diamond Resorts, Apollo Group, Symetris for periods of 8 to 18 months.
- Really comfortable when working as part of a team.
- Train Drupal teams in caching / performance and custom module development.
- Implement or improve the following projects, among others, in Drupal 7/8:
Drupal Developer / Drupal Architect / Drupal Trainer
Smartica – Bolivia (Drupal agency)
(2016 - 2018)
- Work closely with clients to develop digital strategies, design and implement technology solutions with Drupal to achieve their goals.
- Architect Drupal solutions and lead teams of designers, themers, developers to deliver various solutions on time and under budget.
- Develop custom Drupal modules to meet client needs.
- Design and configure various complex search solutions using the Search API and Apache Solr
- Provide Drupal training for end users and IT teams.
Online store with several Bolivian and international payments gateways and integration with the four major banks in Bolivia for online credit applications. Helped the client identify the best solution for the right market.
Solution based on DrupalCommerce and Search API with Apache Solr.
Results: 170% of the sales goals were achieved after only 6 months.
Encuéntralo Marketplace and Business Directory:
The biggest marketplace of the country with a huge business directory of more than 10,000 businesses registered.
Solution based on DrupalCommerce, Search API with Apache Solr, views backend with Solr, Memcache and Varnish. Development of custom payment gateways with local banks and operators.
Results: Launched in September 2018. The site has registered more than 10,000 businesses in only three months.
Los Tiempos Newspaper:
The second larger newspaper of Bolivia with more than three million unique visitors and 16 million page views each month.
Defined the content strategy and established the content and digital marketing strategy and processes.
Solution based on Drupal, Search API with Apache Solr, views backend with Solr, Memcache with special attention on performance, ease of use for journalists, and the end user experience.
Results: The newspapers recovered its second place in the market with an increase of 700% in digital revenue, 160% of unique visitors, and 170% of page views within one year.
Los Tiempos Classified Digital Ads:
The largest classified ads site in the country with more than 5,000 ads each day.
Worked closely with the client to define the best solution for this combined print and digital business in response to a decrease in print sales over the previous two years.
Designed a solution based on DrupalCommerce, Search API with Apache Solr, views backend with Solr, Memcache and Varnish.
Developed of a custom payment gateway for cash payment.
Established an integration with InDesign for the print version.
Results: Increase of the print sales of 26% and digital sales of 800% after one year.
Additional sites developed for:
Drupal Architect / Digital Business Manager
El Deber Group – Bolivia (First media group of the country)
(2013 - 2016)
In charge of defining a new digital strategy for the first media group of the country.
Plan, design, develop and implement several Drupal 7 websites for the company with internal and external Drupal teams :
Solutions based on DrupalCommerce, Search API with Apache Solr, views backend with Solr, Memcache and Varnish. Developed various custom modules to integrate systems with several in-house systems such as their CRM and ERP.
Results:The El Deber Group dominates now the entire national digital market with segmented contents and e-commerce platforms that generate more the 18% of its corporate revenue.
PHP and Drupal Full Stack Developer
Smartica – Bolivia (former Jump! Web Technologies)
(2008 – 2013)
Trained internal and external developers in Drupal.
Developed various websites in Drupal 6 and Drupal 7.
Founded the Drupal Bolivia local community.
Created and maintained the first version of lostiempos.com in full PHP-MySQL.
PHP Developer and Product Manager
Comteco Ltda. - Bolivia (Second Telco provider of the country)
Designed and developed all the websites in PHP for the company.
Developed and deployed the first Bolivian WebTV and On Demand Video service.
AES Communication – Bolivia
Responsible for the creation of a national content platform.
Designed and developed a new concept in delivering news alerts via a website and an advanced email service: noticiasbolivianas.com
The new site was so successful that COMTECO purchased it from AES after only four months of launch.
Facultés universitaires 'Saint-Louis', Bruxelles (Belgium)
Candidature en Sciences Economiques, 1986-1988
Acquia Certified Site Studio Site Builder
International Webmaster Association
CWP Web Developer Certificate